Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced FX Artist to join our team!
Are you a skilled FX artist with good particle and fluid experience? Are you passionate about animation and looking for growth in your career?
As an FX Artist you will work in conjunction with the FX Lead and CG Supervisor to create high-caliber FX simulations for one of our exciting 3D TV Series. You will be a part of our fun and creative studio atmosphere, and will have an opportunity to grow your skill set and progress in your career.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Create and deliver FX for the series and each episode within scheduled timelines
- Ensure that all production deadlines are met while producing work at a quality level in keeping with production requirements
- Construct creative solutions for recurring FX in the production
- Revise shots based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Lighting to ensure smooth integration of FX elements
- Work within the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Help develop and explore new ways to enhance results
- Help teammates debug issues and learn new methods
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2-4 years of experience in animation or film industry
- Proficiency in Maya’s particle and fluid systems is a must
- Proficiency in Nuke is a must
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Knowledge in Python is an asset
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- Are a big fan of all things Nickelodeon
- Enjoy working with fluids
- Have a soft spot for monster trucks
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.