DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for a rock star Facilities Production Assistant/Runner to join our team.
If you’re looking for a great entry-level opportunity at a world-class Animation Studio, look no further! As the Facility Production Assistant/Runner, you will be the supporting backbone of both the corporate and production teams of our Vancouver Studio. We’re looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic team-player who is ready and willing to take on any challenge that a busy animation studio can throw at them! If you’re the type of person who loves to stay busy, a stickler for details, and a top-notch organizational wizard, we want you!
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Run errands, for example: deliver materials, pick up lunches, replenish office and kitchen supplies, etc.
- Front reception support: answer phone calls, fax, scan and photocopy documents
- Ship/receive mail and courier packages, and distribute to appropriate departments
- Coordinate lunch meetings for various departments
- Maintain the upkeep of crew kitchens & replenish kitchen supplies as needed
- Perform light maintenance tasks as needed: replace light bulbs, refill toilet paper, clean out work areas, etc.
- Assist facilities coordinator as needed: build desks, organize junk removal, install ergonomic equipment, etc.
- Assist management and production teams with administrative tasks and other duties as they arise
- Work closely with the team to create balanced solutions to issues
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from the Studio Operations Manager
- Readily modify, respond to, and integrate change as instructed by the Studio Operations Manager
- Recommend any team training needs to the Studio Operations Manager
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft office Suite
- Previous office administration experience is an asset
- Enthusiastic and organized
- Proactive and eager to take on any task
- Expert attention to detail and coordination skills a must
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Effective communicator both written and oral
- Able to build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Encourages feedback and new initiatives
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.