Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Animation Supervisor to join our team!
As the Animation Supervisor, you’ll be spearheading the animation on this well-known girls’ property and helping us take it to the next level! Working alongside the Directors whilst leading a team of awesome artists, you’ll ensure that the quality of animation is up to studio standards. Get ready, because this Flash series features magic, music, friendship and a whole lot of fun!
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Oversee all episodic animation, from scene assignments and first takes, to final QC
- Review episodes with Directors and take notes in all review sessions throughout production
- Communicate required revisions to overseas animators and in-house revisionists
- Evaluate the continuity and flow of all episodes and ensure that the expected quality of animation is met
- Meet production milestones and deadlines and motivate your team to do the same
- Other projects and tasks as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Flash Animation Supervisor
- 4-6 years’ experience animating in a 2D production environment
- Excellent proficiency in Flash CC is required
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- Ability to motivate, mentor and coach a talented and diverse crew
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a definite asset
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- Believe in alternate dimensions
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.