Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Design Lead to join our team!
Are you a born leader with a keen eye for design? Were you destined to be a creative superstar and guide a team of talented artists to victory? As the Design Lead, you’ll be the in-house go-to advisor for all things design! Not to mention, you’ll be working with an awesome, tight-knit team, for a very well-known client!
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Supervise our internal design generalists, reviewing all their work (character rotations, mouth charts, character model design requests, & props) and ensure they support the overall creative vision and style of the production, and provide the necessary foundation for posing & animation
- Confirm all designs are suitable for the production in aesthetic, functionality and form
- Be a leader and mentor to a team of 2 designers; provide guidance, feedback, information and ideas
- Convey the vision and needs of our series directors to the designers and our builds team as needed
- Maintain open communication and collaboration throughout all departments of the Production team
- Adhere to the production schedule and ensure the Design team meets all required deadlines and milestones
- Communicate proactively with the Producer, Directors and other departments to resolve potential issues as a team
- Pitch in on the design workload as much as possible – designing character angles & mouth charts, as well as props as they come up
- Accept support from management; Directors and Producer, when needed
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2-3 years of experience as a 2D Character Designer or Generalist required
- Solid understanding and proficiency in 2D art and animation including character, prop and environment
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Flash (Animate) required
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Ability to provide constructive criticism and valuable feedback
- Ability to adapt to multiple styles, and quickly grasp the design style of the production
- Exceptional communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback objectively
- Experience with other 2D software (Toon Boom, TV Paint, etc.) an asset
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- …love taking on new challenges!
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.