Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Lighting Artist to join our team!
DHX Studios – Vancouver is looking for a Lighting Artist who can demonstrate a broad range of lighting abilities to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude, and style of character and set within an animated production. This position will work collaboratively with the lighting and composition team to create high quality aesthetic and technical work.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Light shots and sequences based on rigs created by lead or supervisor
- Work with the lighting team to deliver production needs on time and to the expected quality standards
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with leads and supervisors
- Ensure and maintain the expected render time, quality and style across the production
- Collaborate with other team members to improve methods, workflows and techniques
- Work within the lighting and rendering pipeline and troubleshoot common technical issues
- Identify and report any issues that arise that may affect timelines or delivery schedules
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1-3 years of experience in animation or film industry
- Previous experience in lighting and/or compositing in episodic TV or feature film animation
- Solid understanding of lighting, shading, texturing, compositing, modelling, and rendering workflows
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Proficiency in Nuke is a must
- Knowledge in V-Ray and/or Katana is a benefit
- Ability to take direction, be flexible, and embrace change
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to be proactive, multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Ability to adapt to multiple show styles
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- Have worked on shows like Bob the Builder
- Have a great sense of humor
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.