Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced CG Supervisor to join our team!
DHX Studios, Vancouver, is seeking a CG Supervisor to supervise, manage, create and administer a digital production pipeline for an amazing 3D production at our studio! As a CG Supervisor, you will ensure the production has a consistent quality and style as well as ensure the project is of the highest quality possible within the parameters of the production schedule and budget.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Establish the technical direction and technical foundation to meet artistic, budget and schedule parameters
- Collaborate with series directors, pipeline supervisor, modeling supervisor, VFX supervisor, team leads and other key members of the leadership team to develop a strong and flexible CG pipeline
- Keep a critical eye for creativity, continuity issues between shots, quality control, and technical errors and artifacts
- Facilitate and maintain open communication with Producer and Series Director
- Facilitate and develop consensus between technology, artists and production management
- Identify, research, recommend and implement new techniques into studio tools, adding value to work produced
- Oversee and forecast render and storage requirements for assigned projects
- Find a balance between creative needs and technical resources available
- Ensure that all production deadlines are met while producing work at a quality level in keeping with production requirements
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders
- Recommend any crew training needs to studio CG supervisor
- Train the team on an ongoing basis both technically and creatively
- Assist with documenting processes within show Wiki
- Communicate expectations to team while balancing creative desires with the requirements of production
- Report daily and weekly on show status across all phases of production to Producer
- Oversee the daily activities of the team
- Foster and enable communication and collaboration across departments
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 8+ years of experience in animation or film industry, having held a Supervisory role for at least 3 years
- Excellent understanding of CG production pipeline
- Excellent communication skills, organization and team awareness
- Knowledge of 3D episodic television workflow is a plus
- Strong combined creative and technical background
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Knowledge of Python scripting is a plus
- Experience with V-Ray preferred, knowledge of Renderman would be a benefit
- Great understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as a solid comprehension of animation production for television or film
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Work closely with the show TD to resolve all technical roadblocks and improve efficiency through workflow and tool creation
- Encourage feedback and new initiatives
BONUS POINT IF YOU:
- Have a dog to bring to the studio (we always need more canine talent)
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.