Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Lead Modeler to join our team!
As a Lead Modeler, you have exceptional skills and experience in modeling and texturing in Maya. You create characters, props and set models that accurately represent the artistic goals and story concepts of the production. You test tools created by the pipeline team for modeling and provide feedback.
You will get to:
- Balance atheistic standards and technical requirements to create quality models
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Uphold the art direction defined by the Art Director
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from directors and supervisors in a timely and qualitative manner
- Work and communicate with rigging team to ensure assets are built to achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Communicate with Supervisor and CG Supervisor on concerns ahead of time
- Assist with mentoring modelers as needed
- Update modeling wiki as needed
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 4+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- Excellent knowledge in Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Highly motivated, pro-active, with a solid work ethic and positive attitude
- Good knowledge of the production process and pipeline
- Ability to predict potential problems and troubleshoot as necessary
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Practice in attentive and active listening
- Encouraging feedback and new initiatives
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to accept accountability for own actions
- Ability to share information, methodologies and ideas with others
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Experience in Mudbox is a benefit
- Knowledge of various renderers like Vray or Renderman is an asset
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.