Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Show TD to join our team!
As a Show TD, you will help research, develop and support the technical aspects of the production.
You will get to:
- Assist in the overall process and improvement of the production pipeline
- Serve as the show’s first line of support, firefighting day-to-day pipeline issues
- Proactively find and communicate any challenges faced in production to the CG and Pipeline Supervisor
- Liaise with artists and CG Supervisor to ensure production support and workflow needs are met
- Provide assistance troubleshooting pipeline issues, and communicate any technical issues to Pipeline or IT, if necessary
- Educate, mentor and support artists in regards to pipeline workflow and best practices
- Communicate regularly with the Pipeline team to ensure global pipeline workflows are used
- Identify any critical path issues and assist in developing new process and innovative solutions to optimize the flow of the global production pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining our pipeline process and tools
- Use time management skills to schedule tasks effectively
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 2+ years of experience in an animation, visual effects or television production environment
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- 1+ years of experience developing in Maya or Nuke is required
- Experience in Python
- Ability to identify and monitor potential issues in a production pipeline
- Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Experience with Qube or other farm solution is a big plus
- Experience in MySQL or other databases is a benefit
- Experience in Django, Flask or web development is a benefit
- Working knowledge of C/C++ a benefit
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.