Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join our team!
As the Senior Designer you are an essential creative member of the design team. Working under the supervision of the art director, you will execute key designs and create original concepts for the production (including turnarounds/rotations). You will strive to maintain the show style with your designs and keep them working within the story specifications. You train, mentor and motivate new designers on the crew and communicate effective and production-friendly solutions when requested.
You will get to:
- Execute key designs and higher level of rendering
- Collaborate creatively with the design and modelling departments
- Train, mentor and motivate new designers who are places on the crew
- Keep current with scripts and animatics to inform design choices
- Learn and adhere to established production methodology
- Create original designs on show style according to production schedule
- Endure design viability is appropriate to the modelling and animation budget
- Identify and communicate any issues, concerns of efficiencies to production or art director as appropriate
- Execute changes on designs based on feedback from art director
- Keep work orders current and accurate in the design and modelling approval system
- Keep files efficiently organized
- Carry out all duties in a professional and positive manner
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in production design for animation
- Strong drawing and colour fundamentals
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- An openness to direction and ability to embrace change
- Encouraging feedback and new initiatives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoyment working in a team atmosphere and has a proactive approach to work
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- 3D Design and Modelling experience a definite asset
- Design education is an asset, but not required
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.