Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Posing Supervisor to join our team!
Support our posing team in taking this production to the next level! As one of our Posing Supervisors, you’ll be working with the team to hit episodic targets while ensuring the quality of scenes are up to the show’s standards, helping artists learn and stay on show style.
You will get to:
- Attend production meetings, handoffs and reviews
- Review animatics with Directors and break down the board for distribution to your crew
- Collaborate with the crew to ensure that all elements of scenes (e.g. BG, Posing, FX, etc.) are present
- Guide the posing team in creating high quality 2D Flash animation sequences by finding the storytelling poses from the board (or special posing drawing/rough animation), improving upon them and putting them on model, spelling out complex actions in a variety of ways for animation using existing character and prop builds
- Communicate revisions requirements to posing artists
- Track production milestones, motivating and preparing the team to meet deadlines
- Be available to the team for questions and communication, mentor junior artists and provide ongoing feedback and coaching to artists
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Work on other related tasks and responsibilities as required (may include production of walk/run cycles, mouthloops/expressions, maintaining pose libraries, asking for build revisions, etc.)
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 3+ years of experience as a 2D Animator / Posing Artist
- Leadership experience as a Supervisor/Lead on a 2D animated series preferred
- Strong grasp of animation principles, with an emphasis on: staging, strong storytelling poses and the ability to stay on model
- Proficiency in Flash
- A solid drawing or illustration portfolio is preferred (samples can be design rotations, illustrations, life drawings, sketches)
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and talented team
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively within a team
- Accountability and strong time management skills required for a fast-paced environment
- Effective and professional communication skills
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: https://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.