Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Lighting Supervisor to join our team!
As a Lighting Supervisor, you will oversee the daily activities of the lighting team and ensure deliverables are completed on time. You will work closely with the Art Director, VFX Supervisor, Lighting artists, and various other teams to successfully meet the show’s technical and creative needs.
You will get to …
- Lead the lighting team to deliver the show needs on time and to the expected quality standards
- Ensure and maintain the expected render time, quality and style across the show and series
- Communicate and work closely with the Series Director, Art Director VFX supervisor, Shading leads, and the pipeline team to ensure an efficient and creative production
- Establish lookdev lighting environment to match the show’s needs on an episodic and series level
- Create and establish an efficient framework for both lighting and compositing teams
- Support, assist and mentor other team members
- Review, debug and improve other team members’ assets, workflows and techniques
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Manage the light and compositing team, assign workload, set and maintain standards of all work completed
- Assist with the creation of documentation for lighting guidelines and techniques
- Implement workflow, scripts and tools as needed
- Communicate with other supervisor and team leads on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Be a positive and creative force in building a healthy work and team culture
- Provide constructive criticism, wisdom, guidance and feedback that will help others further their career development
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 5+ years of experience in animation or film industry in lighting, compositing
- Previous experience in lighting and/or compositing in animation episodic TV or film
- Good understanding of modelling, texturing, shading, lighting, compositing and rendering workflows
- Experience in Maya is a must
- Experience in Nuke is a must
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Encourage feedback and new initiatives
- Ability to adapt to multiple show styles
- Must be flexible, open to direction and able to embrace change
- Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Experience in episodic production methodologies is a benefit
- Experience in V-Ray is a benefit
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.