Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Lighting Artist to join our team!
As a Lighting Artist, you will demonstrate a broad range of lighting abilities to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude, and style of character and set within the production. You will work collaboratively with the lighting and composition team to create high quality aesthetic and technical work.
You will get to…
- Light shots and sequences based on rigs created by lead or supervisor
- Work with the lighting team to deliver production needs on time and to the expected quality standards
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with leads and supervisors
- Ensure and maintain the expected render time, quality and style across the production
- Collaborate with other team members to improve methods, workflows and techniques
- Work within the lighting and rendering pipeline and troubleshoot common technical issues
- Identify and report any issues that arise that may affect timelines or delivery schedules
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 1+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- 1+ years experience in lighting and/or compositing in episodic TV or feature film animation
- 1+ years experience with V-Ray
- 1+ years experience with Maya in an animation studio environment
- 1+ years experience with Nuke Compositing in a 3D Animated Episodic Show
- 1+ years experience with Nuke 3D Camera and 3D Geometry
- 1+ years experience with Keyshot Workflow in Relight
- 1+ experience with Shotgun in an episodic television environment
- 1+ experience with render wrangling with Qube
- Diploma preferred
- Experience working with graphic toon style rim lights on 3D models
- Solid understanding of lighting, shading, texturing, compositing, modelling, and rendering workflows
- Ability to take direction, be flexible, and embrace change
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to be proactive, multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Ability to adapt to multiple show styles
SALARY: $850.00 CAD to $1,050.00 CAD per week
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, Contract/Project Based
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1
QUESTIONS? Contact email@example.com
LOCATION: 380 W 5th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C.
TO APPLY: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.