Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Lead Rigger to join our team!
As a Lead Rigger, the primary responsibility is to manage project rigging TDs to use the studio rigging tools and share the same rigging techniques with teams on other projects. This position will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the rigging team, ensuring that versatile rigging systems are used and maintained. The Lead Rigger will be expected to work collaboratively with various departments to achieve the intended performance requirements and keep current with evolving rigging technologies.
You will get to …
- Oversee the daily operations of project rigging TDs
- Be the first point of communication between production and the rigging team on the project
- Communicate with the studios rigging supervisor on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Meet the rigging production deadline by communicating with production and support rigging TDs
- Rig 3D assets (characters, props, sets, etc.) to achieve the intended animation performance
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
- Research and recommend techniques and ideas to the studios rigging supervisor to improve production
- Collaborate closely with animation, modelling and shading to best achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Additional responsibilities as required
You will be a great fit on our team if you:
- 4+ years of experience in episodic television or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Good understanding of anatomy and articulation
- Good understanding of animation process and needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills relating to character rigging and animation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge in Python is required
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Able to adapt to show style
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
- Clear communicator and problem solver
- Able to liaise between multiple departments
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.