Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for 2D Key Posing & Posing Artists!
If you have a strong sense of drawing, and a sharp eye for human form and expressive storytelling poses, we want to hear from you!
You will get to:
- Create character poses under the direction of the Posing Supervisors to produce high quality 2D Flash sequences by finding the storytelling poses from the board (or special posing drawings/roughs), improving upon them and putting them on model
- Spell out complex actions in a variety of ways for the next stage in the pipeline (animation) using existing character and prop builds
- Push the builds outside their boundaries, drawing in Flash to create hard-to-achieve poses and expressions
- Keep within production deadlines to meet assigned weekly quotas and expectations
- Collaborate, learn and grow in a team environment
- Partake in training, one-on-one mentorship and workshops as necessary (e.g. for drawing, model, software)
- Work on other related tasks and responsibilities as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Previous experience as an Animator or Posing Artist on a 2D series
- Previous experience creating poses using Flash character builds desired, but not necessary
- Strong grasp of animation principles, with an emphasis on: staging, strong storytelling poses and the ability to stay on model
- Drawing or illustration portfolio preferred (samples can be design rotations, illustrations, life drawings, sketches)
- Ability to take direction, be flexible and work collaboratively within a team
- Accountability, self-motivation and strong time management skills required for a fast-paced environment
- Effective and professional communication skills
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.