Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for experienced Key Animators to join our team!
We’re looking for someone with a strong sense of timing and an eye for appealing posing to help bring characters to life in one of our awesome 2D shows! If you’re a well-rounded, skilled illustrator with a passion for animation, we’re looking for you to join our amazing team!
You will get to:
- Work under the direction of the Layout Supervisors to create high quality 2D Flash animation sequences by finding the storytelling poses from the board, improving upon them, and putting them on model
- Spell out complex actions in a variety of ways for the next stage in the pipeline (animation) using existing character and prop builds
- Draw in Flash to create designs/poses for animation sequences and layouts
- Work within production deadlines to meet assigned weekly quotas and expectations
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
You will be a great fit on our team if…
- You have previous experience as an Animator or Layout Artist on a 2D series (Flash or Harmony) preferred
- You have a Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- You are self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- You have strong experience with creating poses using Flash character builds
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Strong sense of acting, staging, posing, timing, and the ability to stay on model
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.