Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced BG Builds Supervisor to join our team!(July/August 2019 start)
The BG Builds Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the technical and creative success of production backgrounds for our highly anticipated Peanuts content! An in-depth understanding of Photoshop and ToonBoom Harmony combined with several years of BG builds experience is required.
You will get to work on:
- Guiding a team of out-of-house artists to create the requested style of production BG layouts for 2D animation
- Formulating a plan for each episode to achieve deliverables, creating efficiencies, and working closely with
- Production to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues
- Assigning and reviewing production BG layouts, ensuring revisions are completed as needed to uphold a high level of quality throughout the show
- Ensuring the BG team is meeting assigned weekly quotas and expectations
- Collaborating with other departments in a team environment
You will be a great fit on our team if…
- You organize and manage time effectively to meet individual and team deadlines
- You can communicate in a professional and positive manner
- You have previous experience in a supervisory position
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- 3+ years of experience in production layouts
- Strong drawing skills and an understanding of perspective
- Comfortable working with colour theory
- Comprehension and knowledge of Photoshop and ToonBoom Harmony
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.