Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Art Director to join our team!
As the Art Director, you will play a key role in controlling the overall visual direction. Working closely with clients, you will create cutting-edge, appealing and fresh new looks for each show by infusing them with the latest trends in design. This is an exciting opportunity for an Art Director to be the driving force on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment.
You will get to:
- Establish and refine show style
- Develop and oversee show-specific style guides and communicate them to the design team
- Ensure viability while maximizing artistic objectives
- Collaborate with clients on designs that need special direction
- Directly contribute to project design
- Collaborate with VFX and modelling departments to ensure render style matches show art direction
- Attend breakdown meetings and provide input from the art department’s point of view
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Provide detailed direction to design team
- Proactively ensure that concepts, designs and desired outputs are obtained within the project timeline and budget
- Identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results while meeting schedules, deadlines and performance goals
- Adapt traditional methods, concepts, models, designs, technologies or systems to new applications and devise new approaches to improve current processes and work flow
- Foster and enable communication and collaboration across departments
- Work with production team to identify appropriate staffing levels and needs
- Determine and understand the needs, interests, strengths and weaknesses of the design team and use this information to contribute to the growth and development of the design team
- Provide constructive criticism, wisdom, guidance, and feedback that will help others further their career development
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 3+ years of art direction experience in animation or television OR equivalent experience
- Understanding of the translation from 2D artwork to 3D models
- Strong 3D design experience for animation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in supervising and training, as well as leadership qualities
- Ability to identify strengths and weakness of design team
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs of production
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- BA/BFA degree in fine arts or commercial arts field an asset
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
To apply: http://www.dhxmedia.com/
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.