Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Animation Director to join our team!
In such a fast-paced environment with a large volume of production work on the go, the Animation Director must be an organized team player who is capable of inspiring and leading the animation team on this exciting 2D Production.
You will get to:
- Direct animation and provid feedback to the animation team on composition, timing, performance, staging, blocking and overall animation style
- Ensure all animation is suitable in aesthetic, function and form to support the integrity and production of the project
- Collaborate with the Series Directors to prioritize client requests and changes on an ongoing basis
- Oversee the daily activities of the animation team and provide constructive criticism, wisdom, guidance, and feedback
- Continually evaluate and improve story structure, shot flow, shot design and overall creative appeal
- Collaborate with production management to ensure show status is effectively communicated throughout production
- Adhere to the production schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Foster and enable communication and collaboration across all departments
- Organize and manage own work and files efficiently
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and assist in making hiring decisions for the Animation team
- Work on other tasks and responsibilities as requested
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- 2+ years of experience as a 2D Animation Director required
- Strong proficiency in ToonBoom Harmony is required
- Exceptional comprehension and knowledge of 2D animation and its various platforms
- 5+ years’ experience in 2D and traditional animation in an Episodic Animation Production setting
- Proficiency in Adobe Animate (Flash) is a definite asset
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation program is preferred
You will be a great fit on our team if…
- You aspire to keep on the cutting edge of art, animation and culture
- You have an exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize
- You have effective and professional communication skills both verbal and written
- You are self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- You thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.