Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Online Editor to join our team!
As an Online Editor you will work in Avid Media Composer to assemble the high resolution shots of the show, follow packaging and technical specifications to create final delivery files/tapes.
We are looking for someone with a track record of animation online editing on episodic television using Media Composer, has a good sense of humor and enjoys being part of a creative and technical team.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Assemble all high resolution content into the timeline
- Create opening and closing credits along with other graphical elements
- Perform QC passes on the material and ensure all fixes are on the final master
- Output final sequences through our enterprise encoding applications and QC final files prior to upload
- Deal with a wide variety of file formats (codecs, wrappers)
- Use Harding FPA analysis software to recommend fix strategies to production
- Communicate effectively with the production team
- Meet delivery deadlines
- Update and maintain an organized layout for all incoming content and source material for editorial purposes
- Manage editorial project/bins/media files efficiently
- Participate in post meetings and adjust/refine work as indicated by post production supervisor
- Watch cartoons
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2-3 years of online Editorial experience
- Strong understanding of post procedures, production and workflow
- Strong understanding of technical specifications related to broadcast deliverables
- Strong understanding of Avid Media Composer editing software is a must
- Strong understanding of Photoshop is a must
- Previous experience editing on an episodic series is a plus
- Super human attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with a professional and collaborative attitude
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Proactive thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work as part of a team
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.