DHX Media’s animation studios are recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and for our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. Our staff can dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team of 800+, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About the Position
As a recruiter you will support the successful selection and hiring of the best talent to DHX Media. You have an understanding of the Animation industry, various artist disciplines, the production environment and the ability to cultivate an environment of trust and collaboration. If you are passionate about what you do and love working with creative people, we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time contract position, working out of our Vancouver studio.
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process, ensuring quick turnaround and a positive and professional experience for all applicants
- Build relationships with producers and hiring managers to define hiring needs, manage expectations, and communicate updates
- Partner with HR team to manage the flow of external applicants, acting as the main point of contact for candidates during the crewing up process for each project
- Actively source candidates, building effective networks and relationships to maintain a strong candidate pool
- Coordinate and conduct phone and in-person interviews with candidates of varying seniority
- Follow up and communicate in a timely manner with candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Measure and track and report recruiting metrics (including new hire satisfaction) to HR team and hiring managers on the status of their job requisitions on a regular and ongoing basis
Ensure compliance with hiring policies, practices and company values;
Ensure a high quality candidate experience throughout the recruitment process
Represent DHX Media at educational and career fairs, grad shows, and other various recruiting events
Develop and maintain relationships with educational institutions across Canada and internationally
Understand and keep informed on best practice candidate sourcing and recruitment strategies, trends and technology
Collaborate with the HR team to constantly improve and implement an organizational recruitment and selection strategy
- Proven track record in sourcing, professional networking and recruiting candidates
- Outstanding customer service and the ability to develop and foster relationships
- Understand the creative process and animation pipeline would be a benefit.
- Ability to stay calm and focused within a fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 2+ years of experience in recruitment specializing in Animation or closely related industry
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
- Works well in a team but is also self-motivated, flexible, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Media team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings, you will be contacted.