DHX Media is recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. But we create more than just animation. We build worlds and experiences across all platforms from TV and games to online and mobile. Our staff dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About the Position
As a Production Coordinator for DHX Studios – Vancouver, you will be responsible for maintaining records and reports for the department to track elements for the entire production, supporting the production team and artists closely to ensure that the production meets key milestones on schedule. This position communicates updates to the team on a daily basis, arranges meetings and provides general administrative support for the production. Reporting to the Production Manager, this position provides the first point of contact for department team members.
- Enter and maintain production data in the studio’s production database to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work.
- Collaborate with other coordinators and leads to keep all data accurate and current.
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Production Manager and Leads.
- Proactively maintain the calendar with updates on deadlines and conflicts.
- Manage the schedules of key personnel as requested.
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews.
- Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Work closely with Producer and Production Manager to provide updates on schedules and deliverables for all artist shots as assigned
- Update Shotgun and tracking systems on a daily basis with task assignments
- Ensure daily deliverables are clearly identified within artist teams
- Coordinate and package shot deliveries and submissions
- Collect, organize and track the progress of all assigned tasks
- Support creative and production teams with scheduling tasks and delivering components according to the defined timeline
- Act as a point of coordination for work that enters and leaves the department, providing administrative support as needed to ensure that communications are accurate and complete.
- Proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
- Help maintain a positive team environment.
- Effectively listen to, understand, and follow directions
- Prioritize and plan own work effectively to meet objectives
- Work closely with the team to create balanced solutions to any related technical issues
- Participate in production meetings and adjust/refine tasks as indicated by the production manager
- Be aware of what is happening on the team at all times and identify obstacles to the production manager
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- 1-2 years of previous production experience working on an animated TV series, feature film, or video game production preferred
- Previous Production Assistant experience an asset
- Understanding of production terminology and the production environment.
- Computer literacy and ability to work with database as well as standard word-processing and spreadsheet software.
Ability to work autonomously and on a team.
Ability to maintain focus on detailed priorities in a dynamic work environment.
Ability to self-organize and follow organization system of the department.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of production, with great attention to detail
Ability to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.