DHX Media is recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and for our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. Our staff dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top talents on our team of 800+, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About the Position
DHX Studios – Vancouver is looking for Lighting Artists for an upcoming 3D production! As a Lighting Artist, you will demonstrate a broad range of lighting abilities to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude, and style of character and set within the production. You will work collaboratively with the lighting and composition team to create high quality aesthetic and technical work.
- Light shots and sequences based on rigs created by lead or supervisor
- Work with the lighting team to deliver production needs on time and to the expected quality standards
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with leads and supervisors
- Ensure and maintain the expected render time, quality and style across the production
- Collaborate with other team members to improve methods, workflows and techniques
- Work within the lighting and rendering pipeline and troubleshoot common technical issues
- Identify and report any issues that arise that may affect timelines or delivery schedules
- Assist with the creation of documentation for lighting guidelines and techniques
- Be a positive and creative force in building a healthy work and team culture
- 3 years of experience in animation or film industry
- Previous experience in lighting and/or compositing in episodic TV or feature film animation
- Solid understanding of lighting, shading, texturing, compositing, modelling, and rendering workflows
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Proficiency in Nuke and/or Fusion is a must
- Knowledge in V-Ray and/or Katana is a benefit
- Ability to take direction, be flexible, and embrace change
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to be proactive, multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Ability to adapt to multiple show styles
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.