DHX Media is recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. But we create more than just animation. We build worlds and experiences across all platforms from TV and games to online and mobile. Our staff dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About this Position
DHX Studios – Vancouver is currently seeking talented 2D Harmony Character Animators to work on a new and exciting television series, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! This is a unique opportunity for experienced, passionate and motivated animators who want to work at a high level of television animation. If you are an experienced animator who loves to push boundaries, we’d love to hear from you!
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisors and Animation Director to create high quality 2D Harmony animation
- Be accountable for incorporating a high level of quality in each scene
- Work with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Minimum 2 years animation experience required
- High level of experience with Toon Boom Harmony is a powerful asset
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling as well as staying on model
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Effective and professional communication skills as well as self-motivation
- Desire to learn and be flexible and willing to work as part of a team
- Will consider candidates who possess a strong animation background in 3D
- A sharp wit and a great sense of humor!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.