DHX Media is recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. But we create more than just animation. We build worlds and experiences across all platforms from TV and games to online and mobile. Our staff dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About the Position
DHX Studios Vancouver is seeking an experienced Special Effects (FX) Animator for a 2D Feature Film! Using Toon Boom Harmony, the FX Artist will create and animate new effects which are production-friendly and efficient, and use existing effects while maintaining a high artistic standard. The successful candidate must have solid drawing skills and the ability to work cooperatively with different departments within a fast-paced production environment.
- Work with Directors, Supervisors, and Animation Team to design and create realistic effects
- Liaise and communicate with various departments for required assets and input
- Perform artistic tasks and use creative problem solving to create desired effects
- Organize and manage your own work and files efficiently
- Ensure work is completed on schedule and to production standards
- Review workload and communicate any issues to Director and Producer
- Assist with other production tasks which require Harmony Compositing capability, to help meet production deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Animation or equivalent field AND/OR equivalent years of working experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in a production environment in Traditional Animation, Harmony, or Flash, preferred
- Demonstrated experience, comprehension and knowledge of classical animation, character animation, and effects animation
- Solid drawing skills
- Ability to work alongside and communicate with a talented and diverse production team
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing additional production tasks and responsibilities when requested, while maintaining own workload
- Effective and professional communication skills
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.