The CG Supervisor for is responsible for leading the CG team and working on show assignments to create high end visual effects. You will collaborate with leadership to determine and manage the technical approach needed to achieve the creative and quality goals of the project, within the project budget, schedule, and resources.
- Work collaboratively with Producers, artists and other departments under the guidance of the VFX Supervisor to create high quality visual effects.
- Work closely with other supervisors to fulfill the vision and needs of the VFX Supervisors and Clients.
- Assist VFX Supervisors and Producers in script breakdown and bidding on VFX Projects.
- Provide the highest quality VFX possible based on the project’s budget and time constraints.
- Provide clear direction to all CG artists assigned to the project, setting clear objectives and monitoring the process, progress and results.
- Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible on assigned projects.
- Assist and supervise the artists in achieving all technical aspects of production including asset creation, rigging, animation, lighting, and effects.
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suit the production and CVD VFX in the development of a stronger creative technical environment.
- Reinforce the need for team members to review their work, ensuring high standard results.
- Work with leadership team to define recruiting goals to achieve the appropriate balance of qualified artists.
- Nurture junior talent, helping with technical and creative problems by passing on knowledge.
- Participate in client meetings where necessary.
- Overall responsibility for tasking out project CG tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience as a CG Supervisor in the production of High End 3D Effects for Television/Film.
- Great teamwork, excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines.
- Fluency in advanced 3D Animation, Previs, Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Shading, Effects, Rigging and Rendering techniques.
- Expert level at Maya
- Knowledge of Nuke and Houdini.
- Knowledge of production shot tracking software (Shotgun), Deadline is an asset
- Knowledge of pipeline workflow in a post production environment.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility, with an eye for creativity and design.
- Self motivated problem solver with a positive attitude
How To Apply
- Submit a cover letter and CV with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include position applying for in subject of email
- Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
About CVD VFX
ABOUT CVD VFX
CVD VFX is an award winning, full service visual effects studio based in North Vancouver. Focusing on compositing and industry leading stylization, our studio is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX.
Stranger Things s3 | The Terror: Season Two | Westworld | Man in the High Castle | the Magicians | Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate Events | 12 Strong |