CVD VFX is looking to bring on a Systems Administrator to join the team! The ideal candidate will be motivated, resolution driven, and have great communication skills, with the drive to respond to alerts and emergencies in a quick and timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include technical design, planning, and implementation of new systems, recommending the redesign and configuration of existing systems and system applications, and identifying methods, solutions, and project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service. The Systems Administrator will report directly to the Head of Systems.
- 3-5 years experience as a systems administrator.
- Experience with, and advanced understanding of:
- Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems
- Virtualized environments
- Enterprise storage
- Networking theory and practice (Firewalls, switches, VLANs, link aggregation, routing)
- Common network services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SNMP, CIFS, NFS)
- IPSec & SSL VPNs
- Internet standards
- Ability to:
- Work independently and in a team
- Work flexible hours
- Work effectively under pressure
- Learn quickly
- Write Bash and PowerShell scripts for systems automation
- Accurately communicate complex or complicated ideas
- Experience with:
- Visual effects or post production
- Render farms
- High availability architecture
- Pixit Clusters
- ZFS experience
- Active Directory
- Dell, Netgear, Sophos 1GbE and 10GbE networking equipment
- Network security
- Intermediate knowledge of the following software:
- Autodesk RV
- Autodesk Shotgun
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Creative Suite
- The Foundry Nuke
- Basic understanding of:
- Color theory
- Data center design
- Above all, the ideal applicant should be a team player with a positive attitude
SKILLS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide organization-wide high level technical support
- Assist in addressing business and technical needs
- Design, build, implement, maintain and enhance system infrastructure across multiple hardware and software
- Mentor and oversee development of teammates
- Respond to incidents and emergencies
- Add, move, change servers, workstations, computers, monitors, desks – Some lifting required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a cover letter and resume with references to: email@example.com
- Include position applying for in subject of email
- Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
- Please note that you may be asked to provide references.
- Must have legal working status in Canada
- Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- No phone calls please.
We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented crew. If you are looking for something else, or would like to recommend a candidate, please send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
About CVD VFX
ABOUT CVD VFX
CVD VFX is an award winning, full service visual effects studio based in North Vancouver. Focusing on compositing and industry leading stylization, our studio is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX.
Stranger Things | Raised By Wolves | The Terror | Westworld | Man in the High Castle | Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate Events | 12 Strong