CVD VFX is looking to bring on a Senior 3D Animator to join the team! As a Senior Animator, you will have exceptional character animation skills and considerable experience in 3D animation for television or feature film productions. You excel at creating high-calibre, dramatic and action-oriented character animation, while at the same time meeting production deadlines.
- 2+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Animator
- Proficient in 3D animation packages
- Strong understanding of key-framed animation development processes, limitations and dependencies
- A strong understanding of kinetics and basic real world physics
- Understanding of rigging and modelling
- Thorough understanding of animation principles
- Strong understanding of cinematic storytelling principles and techniques
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively give direction and communicate storytelling
- Ability to set priorities, as well as manage the progress of work
- Proactive work ethic, capable problem solver with the ability to implement solutions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
SKILLS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create high quality animation sequences
- Demonstrate a strong sense of performance, physical motion, posing, timing and weight, including lip sync and camera composition
- Block movements in rough animation, refine and polish to completion in final animation
- Complete assigned animation within scheduled timeframe
- Work with leads to ensure animation adheres to the project style and vision
- Work closely with the team to create balanced solutions to any related technical and aesthetic issues
- Take the lead in anticipating, communicating, and troubleshooting any creative or technical issues
- Ensure and maintain the quality, style and continuity of animation with available resources and within scheduled timeframes
- Keep current on animation techniques and technology
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include position applying for in subject of email
- Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
- Please note that you may be asked to provide references.
- Must have legal working status in Canada
- Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- No phone calls please.
We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented crew. If you are looking for something else, or would like to recommend a candidate, please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
About CVD VFX
ABOUT CVD VFX
CVD VFX is an award winning, full service visual effects studio based in North Vancouver. Focusing on compositing and industry leading stylization, our studio is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX.
Stranger Things | Raised By Wolves | The Terror | Westworld | Man in the High Castle | Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate Events | 12 Strong