Crafty Apes is a high-end visual effects company with a strong foothold in features and episodic television. We are looking for a Senior CG Generalist with experience in episodic TV and feature film formats. The perfect candidate needs to be a dependable team player with a great attitude and able to make fast turnarounds. This is a full-time staff position, with benefits.
- Work with the CG Supervisor, VFX Supervisor, Production and Creative Departments to create 3D elements and animation for the assigned show(s).
- Meet all milestones while adhering to the show’s schedules.
- 3D Layout, Modeling, Texturing, Animation, Look Development and Lighting.
- Take direction and effectively communicate with team and management.
- Mentor junior artists.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Generalist in a visual effects studio.
- Proven experience in an episodic TV and feature production pipeline.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya software and plug-ins.
- Working knowledge of Texturing Software like Mari or Substance.
- Working knowledge of Marvelous or Cloth Dynamics.
- Some knowledge of dynamic FX and/or particle simulation.
- Some knowledge of Houdini, a bonus.
- Some working knowledge of Nuke, a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with short deadlines.
- Experience working with ShotGrid software preferred.
Crafty Apes LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.