Position: Senior 3D Generalist
Facility: Crafty Apes
Crafty Apes is a high-end visual effects boutique with a strong foothold in features and episodic television. We are looking for a Senior 3D Generalist with experience in episodic TV and feature film formats. The perfect candidate needs to be a dependable team player with a great attitude and able to make fast turnarounds. This is a full-time hourly paying staff position.
· Work with the CG Supervisor, VFX Supervisor, Production and Creative Departments to create 3D elements and animation for the assigned show(s).
· Meet all milestones while adhering to the show’s schedules.
· 3D Basic Layout, Modelling, Texturing, Look Development and Lighting.
· Take direction and effectively communicate with team and management.
· BA/BS preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a Generalist in a visual effects studio.
· Proven experience in an episodic TV and feature production pipeline.
· Excellent knowledge of Maya software and plug-ins.
· Working knowledge of Texturing Software like Mari or Substance.
· Working knowledge of Marvelous or Cloth Dynamics.
· Some knowledge of dynamic FX and/or particle simulation.
· Some knowledge of Houdini a bonus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with short deadlines.
· Experience working with Shotgun software preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
· Submit CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Include position applying for in subject of email
About Crafty Apes
WHO WE ARE
Crafty Apes Vancouver is an award winning, full service visual effects studio. Focusing on compositing and industry leading stylization, our studio is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX.
Stranger Things | Raised By Wolves | The Terror | Westworld | Man in the High Castle | Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate Events | 12 Strong