Crafty Apes is a high-end visual effects boutique with a strong foothold in features and episodic
television. We are looking for a VFX Supervisor with experience in managing VFX sequences,
both on-set and in post-production. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of
producing high quality VFX and maintaining continuity from concept to completion. This is a
contract position requiring overtime as needed.
- Creative management and successful completion of VFX during both production and
post- production, while maintaining the Director’s vision and working within budget.
- Prepare VFX bidding and script breakdowns.
- Participate in pre-production meetings.
- On-set supervision, as needed, to act as a liaison between the clients, producers, and/or
directors, while establishing strong client confidence.
- Identify when tracking markers and witness cams are needed (or not).
- Obtain relevant set measurements and various kinds of reference material, including
photographic reference, HDRIs, photogrammetry and 360-degree photography.
- Data wrangling and transmitting set data back to the studio in an organized and timely
- Communicate and delegate the VFX needs of the show to the team in order to ensure
that the quality of work is of the highest of standards.
- Communicate the Director’s feedback and delegate appropriate tasks to artists.
- Develop workflow and pipeline strategies in order to ensure proper workflow
methodology for all artists.
- Manage both hands-on operation of a workstation as well as the administration duties,
including mentoring artists, monitoring shot progress, monitoring show resource usage
and capacity planning, and gauging deliverables with Production and Management.
- Display a thorough understanding of the process combined with relevant artistic skills.
- Manage many shots at once in order to meet show deadlines.
- Flag overages and conceptual changes that would affect the VFX Bid.
- Maintain a highly professional demeanor and level of diplomacy.
- Proven experience as both an on-set and post-production VFX Supervisor for episodic
television and/or feature films.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Proven ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Expert knowledge in leading and training teams of VFX artists.
- Strong understanding of green screen/blue screen set-ups and photography.
- Strong technical understanding and competent user of 2D/3D software (Nuke, Maya,
etc.) with a proven track record delivering photo-real work with quick turnarounds.
- Excellent artistic and problem-solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include position applying for in subject of email
About Crafty Apes
WHO WE ARE
Crafty Apes Vancouver is an award winning, full service visual effects studio. Focusing on compositing and industry leading stylization, our studio is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX.
Stranger Things | Raised By Wolves | The Terror | Westworld | Man in the High Castle | Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate Events | 12 Strong