CoSA VFX Vancouver Inc. is looking for B.C.-based VFX Coordinators for both long-term and short-term projects in its busy Vancouver studio. Successful candidates should possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a VFX Coordinator in episodic television or feature films.
Our company is a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment where staff are passionate about providing high-levels of organization and demonstrated ability to understand when to act and when to seek advice.
Applicants with strong communication skills – verbal and written along with a proactive attitude and sense of humor are greatly valued.
- Take notes during dailies sessions and client meetings
- Coordinate and execute client ingest and deliveries
- Create bid documents from established templates
- Manage and mentor production assistants and interns
- Address questions (verbal and written) from clients, producers and other stakeholders
- Review shot tracking assignments and their status are up-to-date.
Excellent client relations skills:
- Able to distill client requests, especially when a client finds it difficult to articulate their need
- Extract clear and concise feedback from stakeholder to move the project forward
- Manage multiple client requests, understanding the urgency and importance of each request
- Project a calm, engaged tone when communicating with clients
Comprehensive teamwork skills:
- Demonstrated skill working face-to-face with artists and clients
- Collaborate effectively with other production staff working on the same projects
- Understand which team members to look to for answers and approvals
Strong organizational skills:
- Very high level of consistency carrying out high volume tasks
- Comfortable monitoring heavy email traffic
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries of all temps and finals
Thorough understanding of the VFX production process and tools:
- Proven ability to create detailed, comprehensive notes during dailies and client meetings
- Anticipate — and proactively address — issues that crop up in production
- Hands-on experience with file transfer technologies such as Aspera and FTP
- Extensive knowledge of Shot-tracking software, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office; familiarity with F-Track a plus.
- Communicating information quickly and succinctly to stakeholders in-person as well as via e-mail and telephone.
- Express urgency without seeming abrasive or flustered
- Excellent grammar, spelling and written skills in general
Please submit a resume and cover letter as part of your application; applications received both will not be considered. CoSA VFX Vancouver is currently considering applications from those who are residents or who have current work permits/visas for Canada only.
CoSA’s compensation and benefits package includes: 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, paid sick leave as well as extended health & dental insurance.
About CoSA VFX Vancouver
CoSA VFX is an artist owned, artist-led group of collaborators who value every individual for their unique contribution. With studios in Atlanta, Vancouver and Los Angeles - and contributors beyond – we know we are the most successful, the most innovative and the most creative when we work together.