Effects Artist – CoSA VFX
The Effects Artist at CoSA VFX works to create photoreal FX for immediate feedback from CG Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, FX Supervisors and Clients. This role is a key component and ensures the latest and greatest FX visuals for on-set decision making. Top-level FX skills, collaboration within a team, and creative problem-solving are a must.
· Be able to work with the Global Head of CG, CG Supervisors and FX Supervisors to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches to ensure timely completion of effects.
· Take ownership of a wide range of VFX (fire, smoke, magic, electricity, explosions, etc.) using various. techniques in Houdini.
· Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
· Research and collect reference to help guide the look of VFX.
· Work within the established art styles of our wide-range of Episodic TV.
Minimum of 4 years experience in film, cinematics, games, or equivalent education/work experience
· Proven production experience crafting eye-catching FX using Houdini on multiple high end VFX Episodic or Feature Films
· Proven experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle and voxel based rendering
· Python and Hscript knowledge. VEX Scripts and C++ programming experience a plus
· Ability to adapt to various art styles and willingness to lean new skills and techniques
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities and problem solve
· Team Player with an openness for collaboration
· Calm under pressure and production deadlines
· Experience creating procedural shaders using various shader languages.
· Ability to build FX concept art.
· Compositing experience with Nuke.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Visualization or Animation
· Knowledge of Ftrack or other production shot tracking software
· Knowledge of one or more renderers commonly used in production: Vray, Redshift, Mantra
Please submit a cover letter and reel as part of your application.
Applications without a reel will not be considered
Application email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: www.cosavfx.com