CoSA VFX Vancouver, Inc. is looking for a CG Supervisor as we continue to grow and work on new projects starting in November 2020.
CoSA teams finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools and interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result. In simpler turns, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment. While currently working remotely, this role may return to the physical studio in the future.
- Work closely with VFX Supervisor, Producers, artists and others in creating high quality visual effects
- Assist and supervise artists in achieving technical aspects of production by articulating direction, setting clear objectives and monitoring the process, progress and results of assigned tasks and projects.
- Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production and in the development of a strong creative and technical environment
- Work with the development teams to assist in the design and implement the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow, and made sure the tools for the project are up to the task
- Train artists when needed and review their work, ensuring high standard results
- Work ‘on the box’ when needed
- 6+ years’ experience creating photo-real VFX for TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is required.
- Additionally, have a minimum of 2 years as a CG Supervisor/Lead Artist, with a proven track record of delivering shows, developing CG pipelines and leading teams of CG artists.
- Expert knowledge-and use of- Maya; comfortable with other CG software like Modo, 3DS Max and Zbrush. Knowledge of Houdini a plus
- Highly proficient in the use of V-Ray and/or Redshift for rendering
- Possess in-depth, hands-on knowledge of cutting edge techniques in CG shot production, including digital doubles, natural phenomena (fire, water, smoke), destruction and crowds.
- Be able to solve complex creative problems and establish powerful workflows using simple, efficient techniques, iterating rapidly based on client notes.
- Interface with clients, accurately interpreting and facilitating clear client notes to move rapidly towards the client’s desired look or result. On-set experience a big plus.
- Possess exceptionally strong organizational skills, the ability to enforce to consistent file naming and workflows across a team, and to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
- Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills .
- Please provide tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures.
Please submit a resume, demo reel and cover letter as part of your application; applications received without both will not be considered.
CoSA’s compensation and benefits package includes:
6% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, paid sick leave as well as extended health & dental insurance.
About CoSA VFX Vancouver
CoSA VFX is an artist owned, artist-led group of collaborators who value every individual for their unique contribution. With studios in Atlanta, Vancouver and Los Angeles - and contributors beyond – we know we are the most successful, the most innovative and the most creative when we work together.