The CoSA VFX Vancouver studio is a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment and is looking for an experienced, B.C.-based Lead Lighting and Look Dev Artist with expertise in Maya to start early November. While currently working remotely, this role may return to the physical studio in the future.
- Create Key Lighting set-ups and Shot Lighting
- Create Look Dev of characters, environments and props
- CG scene assembly of all assets from applicable departments
- Work closely with CG Supervisor and Global Head of 3D to determine the best approach to solving CG challenges and developing the final look for their shots
- Attend dailies sessions and support the CG Supervisor and show
- Solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, communicate ideas and processes with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes
- Ongoing communication with production, CG Supervisor and other artists regarding schedules and deadlines
- Successfully work as a part of a team as well as independently
- Reliable, with good time management and adaptable with the ability to work within a pre-set workflow
- Minimum of 5 + years of experience in visual effects for broadcast television and/or feature films, and at least 2 years in a Lead role
- Expert level in Lighting and Look Development; experience with Modeling, Texturing Hard-Surface CG objects and basic Animation
- Extensive knowledge in working in Maya, Substance and Photoshop
- Experience rendering with V-Ray and Redshift
- Knowledge of F-track or other production shot tracking software
- Firm grasp of pipeline workflow in a post-production environment
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Extensive Demo Reel highlighting photoreal VFX for Episodic Television and Film
Please submit a resume, cover letter and reel as part of your application. Applications received without a reel will not be considered.
CoSA VFX Vancouver is currently reviewing applications from artists who are residents or who have current work permits/visas for Canada only.
CoSA’s compensation and benefits package includes: 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, paid sick leave as well as extended health & dental insurance.
About CoSA VFX Vancouver
CoSA VFX is an artist owned, artist-led group of collaborators who value every individual for their unique contribution. With studios in Atlanta, Vancouver and Los Angeles - and contributors beyond – we know we are the most successful, the most innovative and the most creative when we work together.