CoSA VFX Vancouver has an immediate opening for an IT/Data Assistant, working under the direction of the IT team based in the LA studio. Our company is a fast-paced, collaborative visual effects production environment, and the IT/Data Assistant will coordinate the day-to-day IT concerns in the Vancouver studio as well as assisting the production team with data and workflow needs.
This position is a full-time position in our Vancouver studio, subject to additional hours as required by production schedules. This is not a senior position, but there are opportunities for advancement as the Vancouver operation grows. Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience. BC Residents and Canadian/PR only.
* Working under the direction of the IT managers, install and configure a variety of hardware and software related to the operation of a boutique visual effects studio, following all protocols for testing, troubleshooting and resolution of issues
* Respond to the staff’s needs (keep error logs, find solutions, new employee set-up, workstation moves, etc.)
* Maintain cleanliness, order, security and functionality of the server room, reporting any issues or making recommendations to the management
* Assist the archivist with data backup, archiving, stock library updates
* As needed, assist the production team with data FTP or Aspera, ingesting footage and elements for the productions, and any other duties as assigned
* Check email, attend IT and other meetings, communicate effectively with supervisors, managers and teammates, respond quickly and professionally
* Proficient (work experience) in OS X and Windows operating systems.
* Proficient in computer hardware.
* Recommended to have working knowledge of TCP/IP network, data backup, file transfer protocols.
* Bonus in having experience with audio & video peripheral devices.
* Bonus in having visual effects, animation or design studio experience
* Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
* Related post-secondary education would be preferred.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, availability and any questions.