CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for mid-to-senior level NUKE COMPOSITORS/LEADS for both short contracts and long term positions at its BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC. We are continuing to grow and working on projects such as Gotham, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon and more.
– Create and integrate photo-real or stylized elements with live-action footage, using a variety of techniques and software, including rotoscoping, keying, effects, graphics (GFX) and 3D integration, digital matte painting (DMP) integration, tracking, projections, colour-correction, etc.
– Finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences.
– Implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools.
– Interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result.
– Solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, sharing ideas with teammates.
– Update shot tracking database (Ftrack or other), check email, attend dailies and other meetings, communicate effectively with supervisors, managers and teammates
– High-level knowledge of Nuke software, VFX color pipelines and production process, with experience with all levels of compositing tasks. Additional software knowledge of After Effects, Mocha, Syntheyes, Maya, etc. helpful.
– Tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is required. If you are a recent Canadian VFX graduate from an advanced or specialized program, previous work experience in a VFX-related field would be required.
– Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
– Applicants should be based in Vancouver (BC Resident in 2015 or permitted through 2016 preferred), available for in-person interview and for short contracts, preferably eligible to work in Canada. If you are not already a BC Resident, we won’t be doing LMIA’s for short contracts. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Email email@example.com.
Please also include your availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.