CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for NUKE COMPOSITORS for both short contracts and long term positions at its BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC, starting in April for the spring television season.
– Create and integrate photo-real or stylized elements with live-action footage, using a variety of techniques and software, including rotoscoping, keying, effects, graphics (GFX) and 3D integration, digital matte painting (DMP) integration, tracking, projections, colour-correction, etc.
– Finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences.
– Implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf tools.
– Interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result.
– Solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, sharing ideas with teammates.
– Update shot tracking database (Ftrack or other), check email, attend dailies and other meetings, communicate effectively with supervisors, managers and teammates
– High-level knowledge of Nuke software, VFX color pipelines and production process, with experience with all levels of compositing tasks. Additional software knowledge of After Effects, Mocha, Syntheyes, Maya, etc. helpful.
– Tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is required. If you are a recent VFX graduate, previous work experience in a related field would be helpful.
– Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
– Applicants must be based in Vancouver (BC Resident in 2015 or permitted through 2016), available for in-person interview and for short contracts, preferably eligible to work in Canada. If you are not already a BC Resident, we won’t be doing LMIA’s for short contracts. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also include rate history, availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.