CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for experienced full-time 3D Generalists for our BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC. We are continuing to expand, currently working on projects including Swamp Thing, Lucifer, Westworld and more, with more exciting projects starting in 2020.
The 3D Generalists are responsible for creating and rendering photo-real CG elements to hand off to DMP and Compositing. The focus of this position is modeling, texturing and lighting, however a varied skill set including effects, animation, rigging, and character work is desirable.
All of our artists finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools, and interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result. In simpler turns, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment. We are dog friendly, have a large patio and Social Fridays.
- Working knowledge of Maya (Modo a plus) and all aspects of CG production for visual effects.
- Familiarity with Ftrack shot tracking database a plus.
- Particle, Rigid Body and Fluid TD experience, scripting in Python, CG Pipeline Development a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
- Tangible evidence of experience working in photo-real VFX for TV and/or motion pictures (demo reel) plus your resume showing work experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is recommended.
- Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
Candidates must be based in Canada or BC, available for in-person interview and eligible to work in Canada. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Include your availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.
We look forward to meeting you!
Application email: email@example.com.
For more information: www.cosavfx.com