CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for CG Supervisor for a long term position at its BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC. We are continuing to grow and working on projects such as Gotham, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon and more, with exciting new projects starting in early 2017.
Our artists finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools, and interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result.
In simpler turns, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment. We are dog friendly, have a large patio and monthly socials.
Successful candidates should:
* Possess a minimum of 5 years experience creating photoreal VFX for TV and/or motion pictures. Some TV experience is required.
* Additionally, have some recent experience as a CG Supervisor or Lead, with a proven track record of delivering shows, developing CG pipelines and leading teams of CG artists.
* Possess in-depth, hands-on knowledge of cutting edge techniques in CG shot production, including digital doubles, natural phenomena (fire, water, smoke), destruction and crowds.
* Be able to solve complex creative problems and establish powerful workflows using simple, efficient techniques, iterating rapidly based on client notes.
* Interface with clients, accurately interpreting and facilitating clear client notes to move rapidly towards the client’s desired look or result. On-set experience a big plus.
* Possess exceptionally strong organizational skills, the ability to enforce to consistent file naming and workflows across a team, and to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
* Stay current on developing trends in CG technology; recommend new technologies and assist in successful implementation of new tools.
The fine print:
We need to see tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
Applicants should preferably be based in Vancouver (BC Resident in 2016 or permitted through 2017 preferred), preferably already eligible to work in Canada. We will do LMIAs for longer term positions and current BC Residents. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Email email@example.com.
Please also include your availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.
We look forward to meeting you!