Role & Responsibilities
- Cover a wide range of styles from stylistic to photorealistic.
- Shader and texture development will be based heavily on reference artwork, paint overs and look development from the Art Department.
- Create believably true-to-life digital humans by allocating shader pipeline and custom textures assignment.
- Help create photorealistic and stylized shaders for human characters and environment, as well as fantasy.
- Maintain quality and continuity while developing shaders that support art direction.
- Apply knowledge of shader optimization for memory and frame rate budgets.
- Work with the virtual production team to understand technical requirements.
- Research new shader development techniques to apply to production.
- Participate actively in technical and artistic discussions and problem solving.
- Maintain a consistent style under director of production designers, art directors and creative directors.
- 2+ years of shader development experience in gaming or VFX industry.
- Substance Designer knowledge is an asset.
- Modeling skills are an asset.
- Experience with Python scripting is an asset.
- 2 + years of experience using Maya, Substance, Photoshop, Z-Brush, Mudbox or equivalent.
- 1+ years of shader development for Unreal or unity.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Clear understanding of UV’s and texture Layout.
- Experience with developing and compiling shaders within Unreal.
- Good visual and technical understanding of shading, texturing and look development.
- Experience with subsurface shaders (skin) advantageous.
- Experience with developing shaders in Unreal or common applications.
- Knowledge of lighting both from a technical and artistic perspective.
- Fast, organized, take direction well, and can deal with high profile directors, VFX Supervisor and Production Designer.
- Good understanding of modeling, rigging, animation, UV mapping, texturing and rendering is advantageous.
About BRON Digital
Founded by husband and wife team, Aaron Gilbert and Brenda Gilbert, BRON Digital is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON’s extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.