At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Texture Artist to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. This person will create textures using both image and procedurally-based techniques, as well as create shader networks and UV layouts as situations dictate.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of superior texturing and surfacing techniques for characters, props, sets and other content for 3D animated TV series
- Creating new texture processes and concepts, either by utilizing reference materials or by hand-painting textures
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participating in team/department meetings
- Mentoring and offering support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- Must have at least 1 year in previous Film / TV production experience in similar role
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating shaders and materials
- Able to create textures from reference and clean UV layouts
- Must have experience modifying shading networks in Maya
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Familiarity with zBrush, Mudbox, Mari or other texture and normal/displacement map generation
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Toonline experience a valued asset
- Sound understanding of the animation pipeline from storyboard to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Knowledge of technical processes such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, scripting (Python, MEL)
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!