At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for a dedicated Technical Assistant to join our Vancouver studio team. Reporting to the Head of Systems and Lead Desktop Support Technician, you will work with our Desktop team to support and maintain our in-house computer systems and desktops across studios, as well as maintain the company inventory systems, set up new hires, move hardware/furniture throughout the studio, and assist the desktop team with their duties when needed.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor incoming support tickets, prioritize and respond to them in a timely fashion. Proactively escalate tasks to senior staff, as required
- Set-up, move, support and troubleshoot desktop hardware and software for production staff and artists
- Move and Set up computers, furniture, and/or equipment as needed.
- Add/Remove physical hardware in the inventory system
- Create/Organize Documentation
- Work alongside senior staff to advance the state and stability of Bardel’s IT infrastructure
- Under the supervision of senior technology team members, develop skills for system and/or network administration, with a particular focus on desktop hardware and 2D & 3D application software support
- Additional duties as requested.
What you bring with you:
- Excellent documentation skills
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team-based environment that is fast-paced and high volume
- Enthusiastic about and dedicated to constantly learning new skills
- Passionate about holding oneself to high standards of work quality
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 50 lbs
- Commitment to Bardel’s values of celebrating diversity, individual development and expression, creativity, and teamwork
Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Active Directory
Knowledge of Linux and OSX is advantageous
Prior desktop support experience in a VFX, Animation, Gaming or other creative environment is preferred
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!