We are searching for a Studio Animation Director to join our Kelowna studio team.
You will provide creative and vision leadership, artistic and technical direction to our projects in the Kelowna Studio. As a Studio Animation Director, you will work with the Line Producers, Leads, show Animation Supervisors and other stakeholders to ensure a successful alliance between the creative goals and the production deadlines. You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the animation process from script to screen and must have a can-do attitude ready to jump in and provide support to artists and management teams solving issues.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Line Producers and Supervising Animation Directors on setting up the production workflow for the project.
- Collaborate with the 2D and 3D Animation Supervising Directors on the creative style of the project and provide a cohesive vision to the team.
- Exercise superior leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that inter and intra departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed.
- Ensure that the Production’s overall creative vision is understood and followed through by the Creative team.
- Act as project motivation and mentor to your crew and expand limits and encourage new ideas while providing support, guidance and instruction.
- Cultivate and maintain a creative and successful working relationship with executive producers and external stakeholders. Be confident in your creative vision but flexible and open-minded to alternate ideas.
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met per the Weekly Schedule and Overall Production Schedule.
- Be the liaison between the creative and production teams to foster healthy communication.
- Escalate creative issues to Head of Production, anticipating and commenting on potential roadblocks and delays in the pipeline.
- Meet with Line Producers and Animation Supervising Directors to discuss artist performance of the crew
- Participate in the recruiting process as required for your project in conjuncture with the People and Culture Department
- Be available to travel to designated locations, locally and abroad per the needs of the production.
- Contribute artwork as required – builds, animation cycles or footage for episodes that are at risk of missing their production deadline.
- Provide leadership mentoring to Supervisors and leads.
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role or capacity; preference for those who have previously Directed an animated TV series or feature film
- 2D/3D experience in animation pipeline is required
- Proven success in leading a team as a Studio Ambassador
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and people management skills
- Motivated and flexible team leader who can inspire others
- Commitment to Bardel’s values of celebrating diversity, individual development, expression, creativity, and teamwork
- Previous experience in an Senior Management or Leadership role an asset
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!