Experienced in leading and motivating a talented group of creative artists and looking for a new role to lend your skill set to? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for a Unit Director to join our Vancouver studio team on one of our exciting 3D productions. The show has a magical / anime feel to it, and is being produced in CGI with 2D elements. The Unit Director will provide creative leadership, vision and artistic direction throughout the show. The role will be be responsible for directing all creative teams to ensure that the crew are working collaboratively to achieve the goals and quality benchmarks of the project.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and supervise all creative leads and artists during the entire episode from start to finish, providing ideas, making decisions and offering viable solutions to creative issues
- Provide input for drafts of scripts to ensure that they are compatible with the creative vision of the project and that they are producible within the parameters of the schedule
- Exercise superior leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed
- Lead all storyboard launches, ensuring that story artists understand the storytelling style of the show and the overall creative vision
- Review and comment on all storyboards and animatics prior to distribution to executive producers and stakeholders
- Cultivate and maintain a creative and successful working relationship with executive producers and stakeholders
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Prepare and conduct creative/style launches for storyboard, design, animation and LRC Effects teams
- Meet with Studio Creative Director to discuss artist performance of the crew.
- Participate in the talent acquisition process, working in conjunction with the Studio Creative Director
- Provide creative direction during voice record sessions
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
- Provide direction and leadership to the creation of a series bible/style guide
- May be required to travel to designated locations, locally and abroad per the needs of the production
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role or capacity; preference for those who have previously directed an animated TV series or feature film
- Strong storyboarding skills
- Proven success in managing creative teams
- Strong working knowledge of the animation process from script to screen
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!