Our Vancouver studio is currently recruiting for an experienced Storyboard Director to join the team in January 2019 on one of our new 3D productions. The show style is a mixture of anime / action, and we’re looking for a talented Storyboard Director to provide creative leadership and artistic direction throughout the show.
This role will be responsible for directing a small team of board artists, working in collaboration with the Supervising Storyboard Director and Series Director to ensure that the crew are working collaboratively to achieve the goals and quality benchmarks of the project.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and supervise small team of storyboard artists during the entire episode from script to animatic, providing ideas, making decisions and offering viable solutions to creative issues
- Responsible for boarding a portion of each episode, in addition to overseeing your board team, providing them with guidance, direction and support
- Collaborate with Supervising Storyboard Director on animatics and revisions
- Exercise leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Meet with Supervising Storyboard Director to discuss artist performance of the crew
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a board artist; preference for those who have previously Directed an animated TV series or feature film
- Excellent communication skills
- 3D boarding experience preferred
- Action / cinematic / anime style ideal
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!