Are you an experienced Storyboard Artist in the Animation industry, looking for your next project? We can’t share many details about the production just yet, but we are happy to announce that Bardel’s Vancouver studio will be working on a feature film starting summer 2018 and we are currently recruiting for talented Storyboard Artists to join the team!
Jim Kammerud, Head of Story on Blue Skies The Peanuts Movie and Director of The Fox & The Hound 2, is Directing our new feature and we have an incredible line-up of talented artists signing on to the project already. Ready for your next feature project? Apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Translate scripts and stories into visual sequences based on notes and meetings with the Unit Director and other team members
- Work with the Director and Storyboard Supervisor to illustrate the story, plan shots, and draw panels based on scripts
- Produce strong boards that clearly convey the character’s intent, timing and action
- Meet all project deadlines and milestones whilst following Unit Directors revision notes
- Actively participate in team / department meetings.
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists by providing them with guidance and instruction
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication, and exhibit a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
What you bring with you:
- Previous experience in a storyboard role on an Animated Feature Film preferred
- 2+ years of production design experience in film / animation industry
- Post-Secondary education qualification in animation, film or a related field
- Strong drawing skills with a keen sense of design, appeal, character acting, timing, and composition
- Software experience with programs such as Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, Shotgun etc.
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging an asset
- Experience working under deadlines, multitasking, and solving problems
- Collaborative team-focused approach
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!