Are you an experienced modeling artist looking for your next project? Bardel’s Vancouver studio is recruiting for a Senior Modeler to join the team. This position will work closely with the Asset Supervisor and the CG Supervisor to define the technical and creative aspects needed to create the appearance for CG models on a particular production. The Senior Modeler should be experienced with modeling assets for CG production.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Mayas’ modeling tools and techniques.
- Building organic and hard-surface models.
- Create blend shape setups for characters, props and other elements.
- Translate 2D drawings and concepts into 3D models.
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department.
- Actively participate in team/department meetings.
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction.
- Confidence, ability and sound judgment in all areas of performance, such as immediately notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines, proactively communicating solutions.
What you bring with you:
- 2+ years of modeling experience in animation / vfx industry
- A good understanding of zbrush.
- Marvelous Designer is an additional plus.
- Possess the techniques to create models (characters, props and sets) for 3D animated content.
- Have a strong sense of form, proportion and scale.
- An excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion required.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Toonline experience a valued asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Sound understanding of the animation pipeline from storyboard to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Architectural/design experience
- Knowledge of technical processes such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, scripting (Maya, Python, MEL)
- Bachelor degree
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!