Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Lighting and Compositing Pipeline TD to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team.The Lighting and Compositing Pipeline TD is responsible for producing high quality and reliable tools to help the flow of production in the Lighting and Compositing department. We are looking for skilled Python programmers inside Maya and Nuke, keen on the lighting and compositing workflow.
What you will be doing:
- Develop tools to speed up the daily work of the artists on the floor
- Automate tasks to improve production speed
- Create functional UI’s to assist the usage of the developed tools
- Ongoing communication with Supervisors and Leads to improve tools and workflow
- Work with the back end team to ensure the infrastructure works with the tools
- Assist artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a VFX or Animation Studio
- Exceptional knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Strong knowledge of Arnold for Maya
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting in Maya and Nuke
- Strong understanding of Shading Networks in Maya
- Strong knowledge on how to build Render Layers/Setup in Maya
- Gizmo building capabilities
- QT UI building capabilities
- Overall knowledge of an animation pipeline
- Creative problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups
- Experience troubleshooting pipeline issues
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in other render packages is a plus
- Shader Writing Ability a plus
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is a plus
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Emmy Award®-winning studio, Bardel Entertainment Inc., has been a leading animation studio in North America for over 30 years due to its stellar reputation built on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. Led by CEO, Rick Mischel, previously a producer at Sony Pictures Animation, Bardel is recognized as one of the most trusted names in the industry.
Bardel has over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art studios, one in Vancouver and one in Kelowna, Canada and a fully integrated studio in Rome, Italy. Currently, Bardel is the only full-service animation studio concurrently providing animation services in CG and 2D animation television and features for a diverse slate of U.S. blue-chip partners: Nickelodeon, DreamWorks, Warner Bros., and Cartoon Network-Adult Swim, as well as an outstanding group of content creators.
Recent work includes award-winning series such as Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty, The Dragon Prince, Rick and Morty, Teen Titans Go!, 44 Cats and the newly announced Magic: The Gathering. In 2019, Bardel won two Kidscreen Awards for The Dragon Prince. In 2018 Bardel won an Emmy for Best Animated Series for Rick and Morty. In 2018, Dinotrux was nominated for an Annie Award and Rick and Morty received the Critics' Choice award for animation and won for a Emmy Award. Bardel also won won Emmy Awards for the DreamWorks’s TV shows King Julien (2017) and an Emmy Award for Dinotrux (2016).
In 2015, Bardel was acquired by Italy-based Rainbow Group, one of the largest animation producers and licensors in the world with subsidiaries in Moscow, Hong Kong and Singapore.