Do you have a great sense of humour and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people! With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our award winning team!
Bardel Entertainment is looking for a talented Senior Fur Artist for a range of projects in our studio. Under the guidance of the CG Supervisor and Asset Supervisor you will create grooms and apply hair and fur to characters and props, based on the determined look and visual style of the project.
What you will be doing:
- Create and implement hair/fur surfacing and grooming of assets by using hair/fur grooming tools, digital painting and image mapping based on the determined look of a show
- Collaborate with the lighting, surfacing and simulation teams to ensure the stability of the asset and that the correct implementations are followed for the specific workflow used.
- Quality checks that all elements are final, approved and ready for animation, FX and lighting departments
- Collaborate with supervisors in order to manage render times required and final delivery.
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from director(s) and/or supervisors in a timely manner maintaining the quality expected.
- Keep the files clean internally and manages the external files based on the studio workflow
- Provide open communication with team and clients
What you bring with you:
- 2-3+ years of experience in the animation/film/tv industry
- Experience with Xgen required
- Experience in UV mapping and texture layout using Maya
- Advanced painting skills in Photoshop and Substance Painter with a strong understanding of colour theory and application.
- Proficiency using a variety of rendering tools including Red Shift, Renderman, Arnold and Maya required
- Eye for detail and good design sense is essential
Extra points if you have:
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation
- Experience with Shave and Haircut and Yeti
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!