Are you an experience Storyboard Artist with leadership experience, looking for a part-time role? We are currently recruiting for a Storyboard Apprenticeship Lead – Part time to mentor and coach a small team of Storyboard Interns this summer. This role is a 3 month commitment, working 20 hours per week in our Vancouver Studio. Interested? Apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
Supervise and review the efforts of the Vancouver Storyboard Apprenticeship Program participants, ensuring that deadlines are met and creative goals are achieved. Mentor and lead by example, providing interns with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise and direct all efforts of the Vancouver Storyboard Apprenticeship Program participants including reviewing shots and providing revision notes
- Demonstrate an understanding of storyboard abilities and styles, aligning to the overall look, attitude and style of the storyboards across multiple shows
- Mentor and lead by example, offering support and motivation to junior artists
- Coordinate with other Storyboard Supervisors and Line Producers studio-wide to ensure work for Apprenticeship participants
- Exercise strong leadership and communication skills to the team to ensure that animation assignments are understood and completed as per instructed.
- Actively participate in team / department meetings. Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance.
- Participate in performance reviews of Apprenticeship participants and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative animation technologies.
- Assist in development projects as required.
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years of Storyboard Artist experience required
- Strong leadership & mentoring abilities
- Interest & availability for part-time work (flexible schedule ideal)
- Professional & positive attitude
- Clear communication & collaborative style
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!